Posted on May 22, 2020 by admin
Please be advised that the Connecticut Department of Transportation is developing plans to remove the nighttime flashing operation, install video detection, and replace traffic controllers at 43 state-owned and maintained traffic signals. The following intersections in North Haven are included:
· North Haven – U.S. Route 5 (State Street) at Sackett Point Road & Private Driveway
· North Haven – U.S. Route 5 (State Street) at State Route 717 (Dixwell Avenue) & Stiles Lane
· North Haven – Route 22 (Clintonville Road) at Pool Road
· North Haven – Route 22 (Clintonville Road) at Bassett Road and Mill Road
· North Haven – State Route 717 (Dixwell Avenue) at Route 40 SB Ramps & Hartford Turnpike
· North Haven – State Route 729 (Broadway) at Elm Street
· North Haven – U.S. Route 5 (State Street) at Skiff Street
· North Haven – U.S. Route 5 (State Street) at State Route 720 (Divine Street) & Divine Street
· North Haven – State Route 715 (Montowese Avenue) at I-91 NB Ramps & North Frontage Road
· North Haven – State 717 (Dixwell Avenue) at Route 15 NB Exit 62 Ramps
· North Haven – U.S. Route 5 (Washington Avenue) at North Haven Plaza Driveway
· North Haven – Route 5/Route 22 (Bishop Street) at I-91 NB Off-Ramp
It is the department’s policy to keep the public informed and involved when such projects are undertaken. It is important that the community share its concerns with them to assist in the project’s development. At this time, it is not anticipated that an informational meeting or formal public hearing will be necessary.
The design plans for this project are expected to be completed by September 2022 with a tentative advertising date for construction of November 2022.
Anyone interested in requesting information on this project may do so by contacting Ms. Lisa N. Conroy, Project Manager at (860) 594-2744 or via email at Lisa.Conroy@ct.gov. Please make reference to Project No. 0173-0500.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
WEB SITE: www.ct.gov/dot
As always, do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns about the state’s response efforts to the COVID-19 pandemic, or any other matter pertaining to state government.
State Representative Dave Yaccarino