State Rep. Tami Zawistowski represents the 61st General Assembly District serving Suffield, East Granby, and part of Windsor. She was first elected to the House of Representatives in an April 2014 special election, and was re-elected in the 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020 general elections.
She is a member of the House Republican leadership team, serving as Caucus Policy Co-Chairman. She is a member of the General Assembly’s Appropriations Committee, Planning & Development Committee, and Transportation Committee. Previously, Tami served as Ranking Member of the Planning & Development Committee and was recognized as “Legislator of the Year” by the Connecticut Conference of Municipalities (CCM) and a “Town Crier” by the Connecticut Council of Small Towns (COST) in 2019.
Professionally, Zawistowski is a small business owner and a former bank executive vice president who also holds professional experience in real estate finance and property valuation.
Tami sought a seat in the legislature over concern for Connecticut’s financial future, particularly a state budget that tests the boundaries of the Constitutional Spending Cap and includes levels of borrowing that will burden future generations. What’s more, Tami, an East Granby resident, seeks solutions to a problem that blocks economic growth Connecticut needs: Our state’s reputation as a place that is unfriendly to business owners. Tami is an advocate for efforts to create a more favorable tax and regulatory environment in order to improve our state’s ability to compete with other states, encouraging both entrepreneurship and the expansion of existing companies.
Tami’s professional experience includes:
– Small business owner since 1996 – Resource Books, LLC
– Former Assistant Director, UConn School of Business Center for Real Estate and Econ. Studies
– Former Executive Vice President, Northeast Savings, F.A., Hartford
Her government and civic experience, and accomplishments include:
– East Granby Board of Finance member
– East Granby Economic Development Commission member
– Director, Bradley Regional Chamber of Commerce
– Member of the CT Leadership Council, National Federation of Independent Business
– Past President, East Granby Chamber of Commerce
– Member of the Suffield Chamber of Commerce
– 2011 Small Business Leader of the Year, East Granby Chamber of Commerce
– Member of the founding committee, East Granby Farmers Market