Posted on September 20, 2018 by jpheasant
PLAINFIELD – State Representatives Anne Dauphinais, Kevin Skulczyck, and Senator Heather Somers are pleased to announce that after meeting with the Northeastern Connecticut Council of Governments (NECOGG) and the Department of Transportation (DOT), the lawmakers were able to get a commitment from the state to put Plainfield Transit back into action. DOT was able to make this possible without adding any new costs to the taxpayers by revising and eliminating runs that had become stagnant.
The legislators have successful secured bus service to the citizens of Plainfield after years of not having any transit. Implementation can begin once the Town of Plainfield has fulfilled their required 17% contribution of funding for the project with the state and federal government contributing the remaining 83%.
The lawmakers said “We’d like thank the Department of Transportation for going above and beyond to provide this much needed service to the residents of Plainfield and especially for their success in absorbing the cost efficiently without additional costs to the State Budget.”
Dauphinais, Skulczyck, and Somers held a Legislative Town Hall last month to address the transportation issue Plainfield has been facing. Last night, the lawmakers attended a Board of Finance meeting in Plainfield to confirm this report given during the Town Hall.
Reps Dauphinais, Skulczyck and Sen. Somers are hopeful this will pass at a special finance meeting being held next Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. For anyone interested in attending, the meeting is open to the public.