Posted on October 25, 2021
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) celebrates, connects, and empowers service member (including National Guard and Reserve), veteran, and military spouse entrepreneurs and business owners – past, present, and future – during National Veterans Small Business Week (NVSBW), which is observed from November 1 – 5.
The SBA helps veterans tackle new challenges – from understanding how to become lender ready, develop an emergency plan, or connect with a mentor to help rebuild a professional network.
SBA empowers service members, veterans, National Guard and Reserve members, and military spouses with entrepreneurial trainings and resources right in their local community. Through a network of partners and grantees, SBA offers specialized training programs for women veterans, service-disabled veterans, and veterans interested in federal procurement. Entrepreneurs across the nation can access these programs in-person or virtually at every stage of small business ownership.
Monday November 1, 2021
- 9:30am – 10:30am VBOC of New England- Business Plan Basics: Register Here – VBOC
- 11:00am – 12:30pm VBOC of New England- Introduction to Resources for Your Veteran-Owned Small Business: Register Here – VBOC
Tuesday, November 2, 2021
- 10am – 1pm CT District Office – Veterans and Military Spouse Resource Fair, VA Connecticut Newington Campus – No registration necessary, visit the canteen in the basement of the VA, 555 Willard Ave., Newington, CT
- 8:30am – 2:00pm REGION 1 – Boots to Business, New Hampshire/Maine: Register Here (virtual) – VBOC
- 12:00pm – 1:30pm VBOC of New England- Raising Capital for Veteran Owned Businesses Roundtable: Register Here – VBOC
Wednesday, November 3, 2021
- 10:00am – 1pm CT District Office, Veteran and Military Spouse Resource Fair, VA Connecticut, West Haven Campus: No registration necessary, meet us outside the cafeteria at the VA, 950 Campbell Ave., West Haven, CT
- 11:00am – 12:00pm VBOC of New England – PTAC & VBOC Veteran’s Small Business Week Presentation: Register Here (virtual) VBOC
Thursday, November 4, 2021
- 4:30pm – 5:30pm VBOC of New England – The Importance of Knowing What your Business is Worth: Register Here – (virtual) VBOC
Friday, November 5, 2021
- 9:00am – 10:30am Battle Buddy to Business Buddy – a discussion featuring successful veteran business owners sharing their entrepreneurial journey and use of SBA resources. Opening remarks by U.S. Congressman Joe Courtney; featured guests include: Jacqueline Nichols-Holden, Holden Hands; Matt Westfall, Counter Weight Brewing and Dan Lanigan, New England Concession. Register here.
Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2021
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm CT District Office – Veterans Resource Fair, Southern CT State University: No registration necessary, stop by the Adanti Student Center Theater 345 Fitch St., New Haven, CT
Saturday November 13, 2021
- 12:00pm – 6:00pm – VETS ROCK at Mohegan Sun, Earth Expo and Convention Center, Uncasville CT: Visit the CT District Office Table at: Vets Rock
Wednesday/Thursday – November 17/18
9:00am – 1:15pm CT District Office – Boots 2 Business Training Program, for more information: email@example.com.