Posted on March 5, 2019 by admin
Tomorrow, March 6, the Transportation Committee will hold a public hearing on two bills concerning tolls: H.B. 7202, the governor’s bill, and H.B. 7280, a bill introduced by the legislative majority.
The hearing begins at 11 a.m. in room 1E of the Legislative Office Building (LOB).
The sign up to speak (testify) starts at 10 a.m. and runs to 12 noon in the lobby of the Legislative Office Building (LOB).
Public officials are typically allowed the first hour to testify and then on an alternating basis with the public thereafter. You will also need to submit testimony online at TRAtestimony@cga.ct.gov. Spoken testimony must be three minutes or less. The committee clerk sets a timer.
- Format your statement in a Word document or a pdf.
- Include the bill numbers at the top. They are H.B. 7202 and H.B. 7280.
- Include your name(s) and town.
- Attach the document to an email.
- Put the bill numbers in the Subject Line of the email.
- Address the email to TRAtestimony@cga.ct.gov.
- Start your written comments with this introduction: “Chairmen Leone and Lemar, Ranking Members Martin and Devlin, and esteemed members of the Transportation Committee, thank you for allowing me to submit testimony on H.B. 7202 and H.B. 7280.”
- Adjust bill #’s as needed to the bills on which you are testifying.
- End with: “Thank you again for hearing my testimony. I’m happy to answer any questions you may have.“
- Civility and respect during a public hearing are the standard of behavior expected.
Directions to the Legislative Office Building
- Set your GPS to 300 Capitol Avenue. That is the address of the Legislative Office Building (LOB).
- As you come to the intersection of Capitol Avenue and Hungerford St., make a right onto Hungerford St. and wrap around the building until you see the entrance to the parking garage.
- Park wherever you find a spot. If no spots are available, which happens periodically, you’ll be directed to a couple of nearby pay lots.
- Come into the building through the front doors on Hungerford St. and come through security.
- Restrooms and the cafeteria are on the first floor if you’d like something to eat or drink. There is also a smaller satellite cafeteria in the 3rd floor atrium.
If you are unable to testify, I am always available to speak with you privately about these bills or any other state government issues.
Phone: (800) 842-1423