Posted on October 15, 2020
Today, Aquarion Water Co. announced a ban on automatic irrigation systems and hose-end sprinklers as drought conditions persist in Fairfield County. The ban applies to Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Stamford, and Westport. Customers may continue to use hand-held watering, soaker hose, and drip irrigation for new plantings.
Aquarion is also encouraging customers to take the following measures to reduce water usage:
- Turn off the water while lathering up, shaving, or brushing your teeth.
- Minimize baths and the amount of water you use for each. Trim one minute off the length of your showers.
- Wash only full loads in your dishwasher and washing machine.
- Hand wash dishes in a pan or the sink, not under continuous running water.
- Reuse dehumidifier water or use a bucket to capture shower and bath water while you wait for it to warm up; then use the water to water your plants.
Visit www.aquarionwater.com/conserve for additional water conservation tips.
I will provide more updates on this issue as I receive new information.
If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact me.