Posted on September 6, 2018 by jdooley
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is announcing a weekend ramp closure on I-95 at the Exit 34 southbound on-ramp in Milford beginning Friday, September 7, from 8:00 PM until 5:00 AM, Monday, September 10.
- Southbound traffic on Route 1, follow detour signs to I-95 SB On-Ramp at Exit 33 interchange.
- Northbound traffic on Route 1, follow detour signs to I-95 NB On-Ramp to Exit 35 to Schoolhouse Rd. and enter on to I-95 SB entrance at Exit 35 interchange.
This project involves beam end repair and bearing replacement of four bridges on I-95, I-91, Rte. 8 and Rte. 15 in the towns of Milford, Wallingford and Trumbull. The work involves jacking existing bridge beams, replace bridge bearings, repair bridge decks and structural steel repairs. The four bridges under repair are:
- Bridge No. 00136, Milford, I-95 over Ramps 115 & 117.
- Bridge No. 03125, Wallingford, SR 702 over I-91 Southbound.
- Bridge No. 05256, Trumbull, Route 15 NB over Route 8 & Route 8 Ramp 143.
- Bridge No. 05257, Trumbull, Route 15 SB over Route 8 & Route 8 Ramp 143.
DOT Project is scheduled for completion on October 19, 2018.