On Friday, Governor Ned Lamont’s budget proposal will be in front of the Finance, Revenue, and Bonding Committee. As you may know, the governor is looking to increase revenues by implementing 53 tolls throughout the state and expanding the sales tax to include new items and services.
Here are just a couple of services and items that will now fall under the sales tax:
- Legal services
- Accounting services
- Real estate activities and agents/brokers
- Veterinary services
- Barber shops and beauty salons
- Sports/recreation instruction and industries
- Renovation and repair of residential property
- Non-prescription drugs
- Bicycle helmets
- Child car seats
- Vegetable seeds
- Safety apparel
The governor’s budget proposal also looks to eliminate the following:
- The sales tax-free week
- The increased exemption for social security income
- The exemption for pension and annuity income
For the full list click here.
You can speak out against the governor’s budget proposal by submitting testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the bill number, S.B. 877, in the subject of the email and feel free to copy me on the email, Dave.Rutigliano@housegop.ct.gov.
As always, feel free to contact me with questions or concerns at Dave.Rutigliano@housegop.ct.gov or call 860-240-8700.
State Rep. Dave Rutigliano