Posted on March 12, 2019 by admin
This Friday, the Finance, Revenue and Bonding Committee will be holding a Public Hearing and on the agenda is Governor Ned Lamont’s budget proposal.
Governor Lamont’s budget includes the following tax increases on services and items:
– Legal services
– Accounting services
– Real estate activities and agents/brokers
– Veterinary services
– Barber shops and beauty salons
– Sports/recreation instruction and industries
– Renovation and repair of residential property
– Non-prescription drugs
– Bicycle helmets
– Child car seats
– Vegetable seeds
– Safety apparel
The governor’s budget proposal also looks to eliminate the following:
– The sales tax-free week
– The increased exemption for social security income
– The exemption for pension and annuity income
For a full list of governor’s tax increases and revenue grabs click here.
You can speak out against the governor’s budget proposal by submitting testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the bill number, S.B. 877, in the subject of the email and feel free to copy me on the email, Jason.Perillo@housegop.ct.gov.
As always, feel free to contact me with questions or concerns at Jason.Perillo@housegop.ct.gov or call 860-240-8700.
State Rep. Jason Perillo