Posted on January 30, 2020 by admin
This Friday, January 31st, there will be a public hearing in Hartford on Governor Lamont’s latest transportation proposal, which includes tolls on trucks.
Given the magnitude of this issue and its potential impact on the state’s long-term economic outlook, I find it disappointing that the public was only given a few days’ notice. Nevertheless, you do have an opportunity to make your voice heard.
See below for details:
Who: Transportation Committee
What: Public Hearing on Bill Concerning Trucks-Only Tolls Proposal
Where: Hearing Room 1E, Legislative Office Building, 300 Capitol Ave., Hartford
When: This Friday, January 31st, 2020 beginning at 1:00 p.m.
How to Testify in Person
- Come to Hearing Room 1E Legislative Office Building (LOB) on Friday, January 31st, 2020.
- Signups will be conducted via a lottery system and numbers will be drawn between 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. in Room 2300 of the LOB to determine the speaking order. The first hour of the hearing is reserved for elected officials.
- Speakers will be limited to three minutes of testimony.
- Please submit 55 copies of written testimony to the Transportation Committee staff (same time and location mentioned above).
- Tips and FAQs about testifying are available here.
How to Submit Testimony Online
- Send a brief email ASAP to TRAtestimony@cga.ct.gov.
- Reference Draft Bill LCO #373 in the subject line.
- Include your name and town.
- You may copy me on the email at Arthur.ONeill@housegop.ct.gov
- Feel free to attend the hearing on Friday, January 31st, 2020, at 1:00 pm in Hearing Room 1E.