Posted on March 5, 2019 by admin
The Transportation Committee has scheduled a public hearing on two bills concerning tolls:
- H.B. 7202, An Act Concerning the Sustainability of Connecticut’s Transportation Infrastructure. This bill is part of Gov. Lamont’s budget proposals and would place 53 electronic toll gantries on major highways and routes throughout the state.
- H.B. 7280, An Act Concerning Support for Transportation Infrastructure and the Creation of the Connecticut Transportation Finance Authority. This bill was introduced by legislative Democrats and would allow for tolls to be implemented without a vote by the legislature if the General Assembly does not take action within 15 days.
The hearing begins at 11 a.m. in room 1E of the Legislative Office Building (LOB).
- Put your testimony in either a Word document or a pdf.
- Include the bill number(s), your name, and your town.
- Attach the document to an email.
- Put the bill number(s) in the subject line of the email.
- Send to TRAtestimony@cga.ct.gov.
If you wish to discuss either of these bills in greater detail, I am more than happy to speak with you.
Phone: (800) 842-1423