Posted on April 21, 2021
Capacity Restrictions Lifted:
Effective May 1, 2021:
- Bars that do not serve food can open for service on an outdoor-only basis. These establishments will still be prohibited from serving only alcohol indoors.
- The 8-person per table limit will be lifted for outdoors only. This limit will remain in effect for indoor service.
- The curfew for restaurants, entertainment venues, recreation venues, and theaters will be moved back an hour to midnight.
Effective May 19, 2021:
- Contingent upon sufficiently low rates of infections and increasing vaccination rates, all remaining business restrictions will be lifted. The Department of Public Health will issue recommendations for indoor and other large outdoor events, such as concerts, as well as clarify where masking will continue after May 19.
View DECD’s full guidance
State Parks Guidelines for 2021 Season:
The following is a summary of items of note in DEEP’s 2021 state park guidelines:
- State park and forest campgrounds, rustic cabins, youth group, river camping, and backpack camping sites will open during the spring for the 2021 season on a reservation-only basis. The campground reservation system is open for new campground and cabin reservations.
- Permanent food concessions will operate at Rocky Neck, Hammonasset Beach, Gillette Castle, Silver Sands, and Sherwood Island State Parks, and are scheduled to open on May 29, 2021.
- Public restroom and bathhouse facilities will open on Memorial Day weekend. Portable toilets are available in certain other locations.
- State boat launches will continue to remain open to the public.
- The Boating Division expects heavy demand for boating access again in 2021. Boat launch capacity closures will continue to be announced through Twitter (@CTBoatingInfo). The Boating Division website contains information and directions for all 117 state boat launches.
- Picnic shelters are now open for small groups and for rental. They are open for appropriately sized groups only and six feet of social distancing must be maintained. Many of DEEP’s picnic shelters are available for reservation through Reserve America.
- Special Use License and Marine Event Permit applications will be accepted not later than 60 days prior, nor earlier than 90 days prior to the event date (the application window is 60-90 days prior to the event). Special Use License and Marine Event Permit applications must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the scheduled event. Applications will not be accepted if they are received less than 60 days prior to the event.
Visit DEEP’s State Parks website
Follow Rep. Nuccio on Facebook