Posted on March 30, 2021
There’s a Judiciary Committee public hearing Wednesday [Details below] where you can share your thoughts about the motor vehicle theft crisis.
Early this session, House Republicans submitted legislation to impose serious legal consequences for teenagers (15-18) who are repeatedly charged with stealing or attempting to steal a vehicle. Our proposal includes:
- Facing charges on the regular criminal docket;
- Expanded ability for judges to order detainment or GPS monitoring;
- Categorize as “serious juvenile repeat offender” upon second theft conviction;
- Require DCF intervention to provide services to offender;
- Modify state pursuit policy, allow police to intercept thieves as the crime occurs
HOW TO SPEAK OUT ON THIS TOPIC
Judiciary Committee public hearing
Wednesday, March 31, @ 10 a.m.
Deadline to register: Tuesday March 30 @ 3 p.m.
TESTIFY BY EMAIL
Email written testimony to email@example.com and state your name and bills (H.B. 6667 & 6669.) Copy me: Tammy.Nuccio@housegop.ct.gov
TESTIFY BY TELEPHONE
Call the Phone Registrant Line at (860) 240-5255 to leave your contact information.