Posted on November 10, 2020 by admin
Tomorrow, we observe Veterans Day and pay tribute to the unbroken line of brave citizen soldiers going back to the Revolutionary War who stepped forward and served our great nation in times of peace and armed conflict. We honor the brave men and women who fought to preserve freedom for each successive generation.
This year marks the 102nd anniversary of the signing of the armistice to end the First World War – the war to end all wars. Armistice Day – Veterans Day in the U.S. – is commemorated every year on November 11th to mark the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany to end hostilities on the Western Front of World War I. The signing took effect at eleven o’clock in the morning – the “eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month” of 1918.
While traditional gatherings might be restricted because of COVID, we can still commemorate the day by reaching out to Veterans and thanking them for their service. I hope you will join me in honoring their service to our great nation.
If you’re a veteran, there are many benefits available tomorrow to thank you for your service, including but not limited to:
Veterans Advantage: SBA Loan Fee Waiver
Are you a a veteran looking for a loan to start or grow your small business? Make sure that any lender you’re working with knows your veteran status. The SBA is waiving the upfront guaranty fee for SBA Express loans made to veteran-owned small businesses. These loans can be used for most business purposes, including startup, expansion, equipment purchases, working capital, inventory or business-occupied real-estate purchases. Learn more and/or contact a lender using our Lender Match portal today: https://www.sba.gov/lender-match
Selected Veterans Day discounts – restaurants and retail
- Applebee’s – November 11, 2020 – Veterans and active-duty military receive a free meal from a limited menu at participating Applebee’s on November 11. Dine-in only. Visit the Applebee’s website for details.
- Bar Louie – November 11, 2020 – Active and retired military receive a free craft burger or flatbread of choice, with valid ID, at participating locations. Please visit their website for details.
- Chili’s Grill & Bar – November 11, 2020 – All Veterans and active duty military personnel can get a free meal from a special menu on Veteran’s Day, Wednesday, November 11, 2020, at all participating Chili’s Grill and Bar restaurants. Available for in restaurant only. Please call ahead to your local Chili’s restaurant if you have any questions about your Veterans Day meals. Visit the Chili’s website for details.
- Cracker Barrel – November 2020 – Cracker Barrel will donate a $10 Cracker Barrel gift card to Operation Homefront for each Country Fried Turkey Family Meal Basket sold in the month of November (up to $50,000)*, and the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Foundation will make an additional $50,000 donation to Operation Homefront – totaling up to $100,000 to support military families this holiday season. Additionally, on Veterans Day – Wednesday, Nov. 11, Cracker Barrel will offer all U.S. military veterans a complimentary slice of Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola® Cake when dining at any Cracker Barrel location nationwide.
- Red Robin – November 11, 2020 – Veterans and active duty military who are Red Robin Royalty members are being offered a free Tavern Double Burger and Bottomless Steak Fries anytime between Nov. 11-30 for dine-in or to-go. Visit the Red Robin website for details.
- Target – November 1-11, 2020 – Target is offering all U.S. active-duty military personnel, Veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off the guest’s full basket.To receive the offer, guests must first demonstrate eligibility by registering at www.target.com/circle/military. After eligibility has been verified, an exclusive, one-time use 10% Target Circle offer will be available for the guest to use in-store or online.
- TOPS Market – November 11, 2020 – 11% off total order on Veterans Day.
- Walgreens – November 11-15, 2020 – 20% off in store purchases, offer valid for Veterans, military and their families from 11/11 thru 11/15/20, with Balance® Rewards card or myWalgreens™ and proof of service. In-store offer only valid in Walgreens or Duane Reade stores
Many companies offer year-round discounts to veterans. Please be sure to ask to take advantage of benefits you earned with your service.
The Connecticut Department of Veterans Affairs has a list of available benefits, and you can click here to find local office of the DAV.