Tomorrow at 2:00 p.m., the Government Administration and Elections (GAE) Committee will hold an online public listening session on An Act Concerning (ACC) Absentee Voting at the 2020 State Election and Election Day Registration (LCO #3576).
The Insurance & Real Estate Committee will also be hosting a public listening session tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. on two bills: AAC Diabetes and High Deductible Plans (LCO #3601) and AAC Telehealth (LCO #3614).
If you have an opinion on any of these issues, and would like to share your thoughts with the committee, you may either submit testimony online or register to testify live before the committees via Zoom.
Here are the instructions:
Submitting Written Testimony Online
1) For written testimony on the absentee ballot legislation, please email your document in Word or PDF format to GAEtestimony@cga.ct.gov with your thoughts on the issue prior to the hearing. Please be concise. Remember to put “Testimony on Draft LCO #3576” in the subject line.
2) For written testimony on either insurance bill, please email your document(s) in Word or PDF format to INStestimony@cga.ct.gov with your thoughts on the issue prior to the hearing. Please be concise. Remember to put “Testimony on Draft LCO #3601” in the subject line for the bill concerning the cost of insulin or “Testimony on Draft LCO #3614” for the bill concerning telehealth.
3) Include your name and town.
4) Those wishing to watch the session live or on-demand may do so on Connecticut Network (CT-N).
Written testimony is highly encouraged, but those wishing to speak before the committee should follow the instructions below.
Testifying (Virtually) Before the Committee
1) To register for the GAE Committee listening session, please click here. Registration ends at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow.
2) To register for the Insurance Committee listening session, please click here. Registration ends at 7:00 p.m. this evening. I apologize for the short notice. We have only just been given the information to pass along to you.
3) Testimony will be limited to three minutes and a bell will ring at the 2:45 minute point signifying the speaker to conclude their testimony.
4) If you do not have access to the On-Line Testimony Registration Link, you may leave a message on the Dedicated Phone Registrant Line: (860) 240-5255.
Note: All testimony, written and spoken, will become publicly available. Therefore, please refrain from disclosing any personal information you do not wish to be made public.
If you have any questions about the listening sessions or about the process to submit testimony, please contact my office. I am always happy to hear from you.