Tomorrow, Friday, July 17 at 10:00 a.m., the Judiciary Committee will hold a public listening session webinar on An Act Concerning Police Accountability (LCO #3471). This bill was drafted to examine issues that exist between our law enforcement personnel, and the people they serve. With your help and feedback, we hope the final legislation is something we can all support. Whether you are a current or former law enforcement professional, or a concerned member of the public, you may either submit written testimony or testify virtually before the committee on this very important issue.
Here are the instructions:
Submitting Written Testimony Online
1) Email written testimony in Word or PDF format to JUDtestimony@cga.ct.gov with your thoughts on the issue prior to the hearing. Note: testimony should be kept under five pages if possible.
2) Put “Testimony on Draft LCO #3471” in the subject line.
3) Include your name and town.
4) You may watch the session live or on-demand on Connecticut Network (CT-N), either on television or on www.ct-n.com.
Written testimony is highly encouraged, but those wishing to speak before the committee should follow the instructions below.
Testifying (Virtually) Before the Committee
1) Registration for virtual testimony closes today at 6:00 p.m.
2) To register, click here.
3) Testimony will be limited to three minutes and a bell will ring at the 2:45 minute point signifying the speaker to conclude their testimony.
4) If you do not have access to the On-Line Testimony Registration Link, you may leave a message on the Dedicated Phone Registrant Line: (860) 240-5255.
Note: All testimony, written and spoken, will become publicly available. Therefore, please reframe from disclosing any personal information you do not wish to have made public.
If you have any questions about the listening session or about the process to submit testimony, please contact my office. I am always happy to hear from you.