Posted on September 13, 2023
The Connecticut Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) announced Veterans STAND DOWN 2023 will take place on September 22nd from 8:00 – 2:00 p.m. at five regional sites across the state.
While the COVID-19 pandemic changed the way many agencies and organizations operate, the DVA continues its commitment to serving Connecticut’s Veterans by providing access to a range of programs and services offered by state and federal agencies, Veterans organizations, and community-based non-profits.
Stand Down 2023 includes all National Guard, Reserve and Active-Duty Personnel serving in Connecticut.
REGIONAL SITES ACROSS CT / IN-PERSON SERVICES
Veterans attending will have access to a variety of in-person services, personal need items, vaccinations, legal services, medical screenings, and meals to go provided by the DVA, Federal VA, Veteran Organizations, many other State & Federal agencies, and community providers.
Click here for a list of services at each location
- Danbury Danbury War Memorial, 1 Memorial Drive.
- Bristol ST. Gregory CCD Center, 1043 Stafford Ave.
- Bridgeport University of Bridgeport, Wheeler Recreational Center, 400 University Ave.
- Norwich Easter Seals Veterans Rally Point, 24 Stott Ave.
- Rocky Hill CTDVA main campus, 287 West Street.
For additional information and to register for Stand Down 2022 please visit: https://portal.ct.gov/DVA/Pages/Veterans-Stand-Down