Posted on May 19, 2022
The Department of Transportation has announced the closure of Old New Milford Road in Brookfield beginning on/around Tuesday, May 31.
The project consists of addressing intersection and roadway safety improvements along Federal Road and Old New Milford Road between BJ’s Wholesale and Route 133, Junction Road. The project will provide designated turning lanes at intersections, improved sightlines and safety, wider shoulders, install sidewalks and repair the pavement structure.
ROAD CLOSURE AND DETOUR INFO:
It is anticipated Old New Milford Road will be closed to through-traffic on the southern end near the intersection with Federal Road starting on or around May 31. This will continue for approximately three weeks, ending on/around June 21.
All business access will be maintained throughout the closure
Traffic will be diverted using the following detour:
- Follow Federal Road north to Silvermine Road.
- Take a Right onto Silvermine Road and follow to Pocono Road.
- Take a Right onto Pocono Road and follow to Junction Road.
- Take a Right onto Junction Road and follow to Federal Road.
- Take a Left onto Federal Road (south) then veer right onto Old New Milford Road (southbound.)