HARTFORD – Connecticut’s largest business organization recognized State Representative Irene Haines (R-34), with perfect voting scores on key bills impacting Connecticut’s economic growth and business climate during the 2023 legislative session.
The Connecticut Business and Industry Association (CBIA) ranked all state lawmakers based on their support for the business community’s positions on 10 important policies. The bills all affect job creation, small business growth and economic stability in Connecticut.
“I will always stand to support and help protect Connecticut’s small business owners who serve our communities,” Rep. Haines said. “This past session, I supported strong legislative proposals that were in the best interest of our local businesses across Connecticut. I am proud to be recognized by CBIA and will continue to stand by our business owners.”
The scorecard was calculated using select pieces of legislation and may reflect votes from committee, the House, or both. The bills assessed in the report are:
• SB 938 – An Act Concerning (AAC) Unemployment Benefits for Striking Workers
• SB 1020 – An Act Establishing a First-Time Homebuyer’s Savings Account and a Related Tax Deduction
• SB 1091 – AAC Certain Business Reporting Requirements
• SB 1145 – AAC Establishment of Sector Specific Sub targets for Greenhouse Gas Emissions
• SB 1178 – An Act Expanding Connecticut Paid Sick Days
• SB 1179 – An Act Amending Connecticut Paid Family Medical Leave
• HB 6273 – AAC Disclosure of Salary Ranges on Public and Internal Job Postings
• HB 6558 – AAC Property Tax Abatement for Certain First-Time Home Buyers
• HB 6585 – AAC A Study to Promote Workforce Development Using the Global Entrepreneur in Residence Program as a Model
• HB 6710 – AAC Association Health Plans and Establishing a Task Force to Study Stop-Loss Insurance
The complete CBIA legislative scorecard can be viewed here: https://www.cbia.com/issues-policies/2023-ct-house-voting-records/
For more information on the Connecticut Business and Industry Association, the largest most representative business organization in the state, please visit www.cbia.com.
Rep Haines represents the 34th General Assembly District, which includes the towns of East Haddam, East Hampton, & Salem.