Posted on May 29, 2019 by admin
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
June 8th is Connecticut Open House Day, an all-day event across the state for Connecticut’s museums, attractions and historic sites. Now in its 15th year, over 200 attractions will be participating by offering visitors free or discounted admissions.
Make sure to check out the website to see a town by town directory of events. Below are the listings in our area:
- Colchester Historical Society Free admission from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m., offering tours of the history museum in addition to three other historic sites including Hayward Fire Museum, School of Colored Children, and the Nathaniel Foote House.
- East Haddam Historical Society & Museum Free admission and tours from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., along with tours and complimentary gifts.
- Goodspeed Opera House From 9 a.m. until noon, enjoy free tours of the historic Victorian theater built in 1876.
- Staehly Farm Winery Farm will be open from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. From noon to 4 p.m., visitors can enjoy special offerings include wine and rhubarb tastings, gardening activities, Touch A Tractor and rides, and an ice cream food truck on-site.
- Connecticut Draft Horse Rescue Open from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., with guided tours of the farm, meet the horses up close, free refreshments and temporary tattoos for children.
Rep. Irene Haines – 34th District