Download Governor Lamont's Coronavirus FAQ Click Here...

CT Sports Wagering Law Effective Today

Posted on September 30, 2021


Retail (in-person) sports wagering begins at our area casinos today with retail and online sports wagering by the Connecticut Lottery set to begin in the month of October.

The addition of retail and online sports wagering was passed through Public Act 21-23 this May.

Follow the link below to the Department of Consumer Protection’s (DCP) online portal to their gaming division – where you will find information regarding the various types of online gaming now legal, data on the gaming industry, and FAQs.



Click to be directed to the Department of Consumer Protection webpage for assistance with problem gambling.

The Connecticut Council on Problem Gambling offers trained Helpline Specialists who connect callers to free, immediate support and treatment options in Connecticut.
HELPLINE: (888)789-7777

The Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) Problem Gambling Services (PGS) division oversees state contracts for prevention (RBHAOs), treatment (Better Choice Treatment Programs) and integrated services (diGIn).

The National Problem Gambling Helpline is a single national network access point to local resources for those seeking help for a gambling problem. The network consists of 28 call centers which provide resources and referrals for all 50 states, Canada, and the US Virgin Islands. Help is available 24/7 and 100% confidential.
HELPLINE: (800)522-4700.

Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who
share their experience, strength, and hope with each other that
they may solve their common problem and help others to
recover from a gambling problem.
HELPLINE: (626)960-3500

Gam-Anon is a self-help organization for the spouse, family, or close friends of compulsive gamblers, following a 12-step self-help fellowship of men and women who have been affected by the gambling problem of another.
HELPLINE: (718)352-1671

Please continue to reach me at my legislative office with any questions, concerns, or input regarding state or legislative issues.