Posted on October 30, 2020
I just wanted to let you know that the state and the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority have relaunched a rental assistance program for Connecticut residents impacted by COVID-19. The State will be offering assistance to landlords on behalf of renter households in order to prevent eviction actions.
Renter Households must complete the application form and provide the following:
- The Renter Household must certify that the Household was negatively impacted by COVID-19* resulting in the Household’s inability to pay full rent on or after March 1, 2020.
- The rental must be the Household’s primary residence in Connecticut.
- The Household must not be receiving subsidy from a Federal or State rental assistance program.
- The Household’s current monthly income times 12 cannot exceed 80% of the Area Median Income.
- The Head of Household must be able to provide documentation of eligible immigration status (SSN or equivalent).
*Examples of Impact by COVID-19 (not limited to the following):
- Job loss, furlough or layoff
- Reduction in hours of work or pay
- Store, restaurant, business or office closure
- The need to miss work to care for a home-bound, school age child or elderly person
- Visit https://www.chfa.org/trhap and directly input your information into the TRHAP Portal.
- Contact the Call Center at 860-785-3111, and an agent will enter the data directly into the TRHAP Portal for you.
- Authorize your landlord to input your information into the TRHAP Portal on your behalf to facilitate bulk processing.
***Landlords of owner-occupied rental properties will have dedicated agents assigned to assist them in coordinating the collection and submission of materials for their renters.