Posted on January 4, 2022
I just wanted you to know that the legislature approved the Connecticut Essential Worker COVID-19 Assistance Fund to provide $34 million in assistance to support the critical workers who helped keep the state open during the pandemic.
The program is being overseen by the State Comptroller with claim processing and payments handled by Public Consulting Group on a first-come, first-served basis until all funds are exhausted.
In order to be eligible, specific criteria must be met, including but not limited to:
- I was a resident of Connecticut between March 10, 2020 and July 20, 2021.
- I was employed as an essential worker living in Connecticut between March 10, 2020 and July 20, 2021.
- I contracted COVID-19 between March 10, 2020 and July 20, 2021.
- I had lost wages due to the inability to work after a COVID-19 diagnosis or related illness.
- I had out-of-pocket medical expenses due to a COVID-19 diagnosis or related illness.
- My relative/family member was an essential worker who died as a result of COVID-19, after being diagnosed with COVID-19 between March 10, 2020 and July 20, 2021.
For more information and to check eligibility, please go to: https://www.ctessentialworkerrelief.org/