Posted on May 2, 2022
As Ranking Member on the Energy & Technology Committee, State Rep. Charles Ferraro (R-117) played an integral role in drafting and advocating for legislation to pass through the committee during this session. Here is a list of notable bills to pass the House, through the Energy & Technology Committee.
H.B. 5200 – AN ACT ESTABLISHING A TASK FORCE TO STUDY HYDROGEN POWER
The proposal creates a 19-member bipartisan taskforce to study the potential for hydrogen-fueled energy in the state. The study would include:
- a review of the regulations and laws needed,
- Utilization of incentives from the federal IIJA
- Recommendations for workforce preparedness
- Examine sources of potential clean hydrogen
- Recommendations for the utilization and promotion of brownfield sites
- Recommendations for the end-use of hydrogen fuel energy.
H.B. 5201 – AN ACT CONCERNING PUBLIC HEALTH CONCERNS IN THE ACQUISITION OF WATER COMPANIES
This bill would add “public health concerns” to the list of considerations that PURA can consider when ordering the acquisition of a water company or water system. Currently, PURA consults with DPH to ensure best practice. This bill is codifying that.
S.B. 10 – AN ACT CONCERNING CLIMATE CHANGE MITIGATION
This bill sets in statute the goal of zero emission electricity to be supplied to the state by 2040.