Posted on October 9, 2020
Governor Lamont recently announced that Connecticut would move forward with Phase 3 of reopening beginning October 8th.
Phase 3 Business Updates include:
- Increase from 50 percent to 75 percent capacity indoors – subject to COVID-19 safety requirements – for restaurants, personal services, hair salons, barber shops, and libraries;
- Outdoor event venues (e.g. amphitheaters, race tracks, etc.) will increase from 25 percent to 50 percent capacity with masks and social distancing requirements;
- Indoor performing arts venues will be able to open at 50 percent capacity with masks and social distancing requirements; and
- Bars and nightclubs will continue to remain closed
Phase 3 Indoor/Outdoor Gathering Updates:
- Indoor capacity at Private – Social and Recreational establishments have increased to 50 percent and capped at 100
- At a private residence, 25 people are permitted
- Indoor graduation capacity is permitted at 50 percent and capped at 200 (with masks and social distancing)
- Indoor religious gatherings have increased capacity to 50 percent and capped at 200 (with masks and social distancing)
- Outdoor capacity at Private – Social and Recreational establishments are capped at 150
- Outdoor graduations have increased capacity to 50 percent (6-foot spacing, no caps, with masks and social distancing)
- Outdoor religious gatherings can be at 50 percent capacity (6-foot spacing with masks and social distancing)
To read more on these updates, click here.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns pertaining to state government at Tom.Delnicki@housegop.ct.gov or (800) 842-1423. You can also follow my legislative activity by visiting my website, www.repdelnicki.com, or on my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/repdelnicki.
State Representative Tom Delnicki