Posted on October 5, 2020 by admin
The Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) is developing plans to replace existing traffic control signal equipment with new equipment to meet current standards at 12 locations in Ellington, Manchester, New Britain, South Windsor, Vernon, and Windsor. At applicable locations, pedestrian control features (countdown pedestrian indications, accessible pushbuttons, sidewalk ramps) will be upgraded in an effort to improve accessibility and pedestrian safety. The Department will coordinate with the respective city/town during the design phase.
The following intersections are included:
· Manchester – Route 30 (Deming St.) at I-84 Westbound Ramps and Avery St. – Intersection No. 076-252
· Manchester – Route 30 (Deming St. and Tolland Tpke.) at Tolland Tpke. – Intersection No. 076-253
· New Britain – Route 71 (Stanley St. and Hartford Rd.) at Stanley St. – Intersection No. 088-211
· South Windsor – Route 30 (Oakland Rd.) at Foster Rd. and Slater St. – Intersection No. 132-207
· Vernon – Route 30 (Hartford Tpke.) at I-84 Eastbound Off-Ramp and Commercial Drive – Intersection No. 146-219
· Vernon – Route 83 (Talcottville Rd.) at Loveland Hill Rd. (South Junction) – Intersection No. 146-223
· Vernon – Route 30 (Hartford Tpke.) at Dobson Rd. – Intersection No. 146-230
· Vernon – Route 30 (Hartford Tpke.) at I-84 Westbound Ramps – Intersection No. 146-231
· Vernon – Route 30 (Hartford Tpke.) at Commercial Driveways – Intersection No. 146-237
Traffic Control Signals – Revisions Only:
· Ellington – Route 286 (Pinney St.) at Windermere Ave. – Intersection No. 047-216
· Windsor – Route 159 (Windsor Ave.) at Deerfield Rd. and Rood Ave. – Intersection No. 164-223
· Windsor – Route 159 (Broad St.) at Batchelder Rd. – Intersection No. 164-233
It is the DOT’s policy to keep the public informed and involved when such projects are undertaken. It is important that the community share its concerns with us to assist in the project’s development. At this time, it is anticipated that an informational meeting or formal public hearing will not be necessary.
The design plans for this project are expected to be completed in June 2022 with a tentative advertising date for construction of August 2022.
Anyone interested in requesting information on these projects may do so by contacting Gregory R. Palmer, Project Manager at (860) 594-2748 or via email at Gregory.Palmer@ct.gov.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
WEB SITE: www.ct.gov/dot
As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns pertaining to state government at Tom.Delnicki@housegop.ct.gov or (800) 842-1423. You can also follow my legislative activity by visiting my website, www.repdelnicki.com, or on my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/repdelnicki.
State Representative Tom Delnicki