Posted on June 23, 2020 by admin
The governor announced limited DMV in-person reopening beginning today, including the Waterbury branch.
Services available in-person, by appointment only, include:
Licenses and Non-Driver ID Cards (new and renewal)
CDL Upgrade – HAMDEN OFFICE ONLY
- All DMV in-person services now require an appointment. To schedule an appointment, click here.
- Select services are also accessible online.
- Drop-off services are available for select services (limited hours) at the DMV’s Danbury, New Britain, Norwich and Old Saybrook locations.
- Learner’s Permit Knowledge Testing is being done by appointment only at the DMV’s Cheshire (Wednesday – Friday) and Wethersfield (Tuesday – Friday) locations. All appointments will be confirmed or canceled by email. Be sure to check your email prior to heading to the DMV.
- Extensions provided for renewals of driver’s licenses, non-driver ID cards, vehicle registrations, emissions testing and other credentials, expiring between March 10 and July 31. For details, visit CTDMV.info
The Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) recently announced they would extend previously-enacted 90-day extensions to a total of 180 days; Extensions apply to those DMV credentials with expiration dates between July 1, 2020 and July 31, 2020.
Late fees related to eligible expired credentials will also be waived during the extension.
Deadlines have been extended for:
- Licenses, permits and identity cards
- Boat registrations
- Emissions testing and retesting:
- Permanent disability placard
- Business licenses
- Flashing light permits
- School bus proficiency tests
Link to DMV appointments: https://portal.ct.gov/DMV/Offices/Offices/Make-an-Appointment
More information can be found at: https://portal.ct.gov/DMV