Posted on March 5, 2019 by admin
The Transportation Committee has scheduled a public hearing for tomorrow, March 6, on two bills concerning tolls:
- H.B. 7202, An Act Concerning the Sustainability of Connecticut’s Transportation Infrastructure
- H.B. 7280, An Act Concerning Support for Transportation Infrastructure and the Creation of the Connecticut Transportation Finance Authority
H.B. 7202 is Gov. Lamont’s bill and is part of his proposed biennial budget. If approved, it would place 53 electronic toll gantries on major highways and routes throughout the state.
The second bill, H.B. 7280, was introduced by legislative Democrats. This bill is particularly troubling because it would allow the CT DOT to create a toll system without legislative approval if the General Assembly does not take action within 15 days.
Whether or not you are in support of tolls, I believe everyone deserves to make their voices heard.
The hearing begins at 11 a.m. in room 1E of the Legislative Office Building (LOB).
- Put your testimony in either a Word document or a PDF.
- Include the bill number(s), your name, and your town.
- Attach the document to an email.
- Put the bill number(s) in the subject line of the email.
- Send to TRAtestimony@cga.ct.gov.
Directions to the Legislative Office Building
- Set your GPS to 300 Capitol Avenue. That is the address of the Legislative Office Building (LOB).
- As you come to the intersection of Capitol Avenue and Hungerford St., make a right onto Hungerford St. and wrap around the building until you see the entrance to the parking garage.
- Park wherever you find a spot. If no spots are available, which happens periodically, you’ll be directed to a couple of nearby pay lots.
- Come into the building through the front doors on Hungerford St. and come through security.
- Restrooms and the cafeteria are on the first floor if you’d like something to eat or drink. There is also a smaller satellite cafeteria in the 3rd floor atrium.
If you wish to discuss either of these bills in greater detail, I am more than happy to speak with you.
Phone: (800) 842-1423