Posted on October 8, 2020 by admin
Governor Lamont recently announced that Connecticut would move forward with Phase 3 of reopening beginning TODAY, Thursday, October 8th.
Phase 3 Business Updates include:
- Increase from 50 percent to 75 percent capacity indoors – subject to COVID-19 safety requirements – for restaurants, personal services, hair salons, barber shops, and libraries;
- Outdoor event venues (e.g. amphitheaters, race tracks, etc.) will increase from 25 percent to 50 percent capacity with masks and social distancing requirements;
- Indoor performing arts venues will be able to open at 50 percent capacity with masks and social distancing requirements; and
- Bars and nightclubs will continue to remain closed
Phase 3 Indoor/Outdoor Gathering Updates:
- Indoor capacity at Private – Social and Recreational establishments have increased to 50 percent and capped at 100. At a private residence, 25 people are permitted.
- Indoor graduation capacity is permitted at 50 percent and capped at 200 (with masks and social distancing)
- Indoor religious gatherings have increased capacity to 50 percent and capped at 200 (with masks and social distancing)
- Outdoor capacity at Private – Social and Recreational establishments are capped at 150
- Outdoor graduations have increased capacity to 50 percent (6-foot spacing, no caps, with masks and social distancing)
- Outdoor religious gatherings can be at 50 percent capacity (6-foot spacing with masks and social distancing)
To read more on these updates, click here.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact me at Whit.Betts@housegop.ct.gov or (800) 842-1423 with any questions or concerns related to state government. You can also follow my legislative activity by visiting my website, www.RepBetts.com, or on my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/repbetts.
State Representative Whit Betts