Posted on March 8, 2021
Dear friends and neighbors,
The number of COVID infections, positivity rate, hospitalizations, and mortality continues on a downward trend. As a result, the following COVID restrictions will be eased by the state administration effective Friday, March 19th:
- Capacity Limits eliminated: All capacity limits will be eliminated for restaurants, retail, libraries, gyms, personal services, offices and houses of worship.
- Gathering sizes increased: Social gatherings at private residences will be revised to 25 indoor/100 outdoors and at commercial venues to 100 indoors/200 outdoors.
- Sports allowed: All sports will be allowed to have practices and tournaments (subject to DPH guidelines)
- CT travel advisory: The travel advisory will be recommended not required.
- Outdoor events restarted: Effective April 2nd, outdoor events will be allowed at 50% capacity, capped at 10,000 people and outdoor amusement parks will be allowed to open. Summer camps/festivals are also being advised to begin planning for the upcoming season.
Many constituents in the 55-64 age group are having a hard time making an appointment. Below is a quick explanation:
- The newly added groups consist of over 600,000 individuals. This is the largest addition to the vaccination eligibility so far. The 75+ group and 65-74 group were half as large.
- The VAMS system and other providers are making appointments 3 – 4 weeks in advance based on the supply information they get. Hence at this time, most providers are making appointments only up-to the end of March or early April, which limits the number of appointment slots in the system.
- Vaccine availability to improve each week: Each week an additional 100,000 appointments get added to the system. Hence it is expected that availability will improve each week as new appointments are made available but no new eligibility is added.
- The DPH and Governor’s office are assuring us that over the next three weeks, everyone in the group who would like to make an appointment will be able to make an appointment.
- Providers have also informed us that every day, based on cancellations, they do add a few slots to the system, so please do check in the VAMS or provider system often. You may be able to secure one of the releases which happen as a result of cancellation.
If you would like to know how to make an appointment, please click HERE to see my prior email detailing the three ways to make a vaccination appointment.