Posted on March 6, 2019 by admin
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Because the issues of crumbling foundations are critical to our community, I am writing to let you know that the Insurance and Real Estate Committee and the Planning and Development Committee will be holding an important public hearing on Friday, March 8th, at 1:00 p.m. in room 2E of the Legislative Office Building in Hartford.
I know this is such a critical issue for the residents of the 8th District. I want to make sure your voice is heard.
Here is a complete list of bills that will be heard that day:
- SB 907 (Raised) AN ACT CONCERNING THE RESIDENTIAL DISCLOSURE REPORT AND CRUMBLING CONCRETE FOUNDATIONS
- HB 7179 (Raised) AN ACT CONCERNING CRUMBLING CONCRETE FOUNDATIONS
- HB 7259 (Raised) AN ACT CONCERNING HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE POLICIES AND COVERAGE FOR THE PERIL OF COLLAPSE
- Proposed HB 5702 AN ACT CONCERNING QUARRY STANDARDS AND TESTING
- Proposed HB 6040 AN ACT CONCERNING TRANSFERS OF TITLE TO CERTAIN RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS SITUATED IN MUNICIPALITIES IMPACTED BY CRUMBLING CONCRETE FOUNDATIONS
- Proposed HB 6349 AN ACT CONCERNING THE INCLUSION OF INSURANCE POLICY INFORMATION ON CERTAIN CERTIFICATES OF OCCUPANCY
- Proposed HB 6659 AN ACT REQUIRING SELLERS OF RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY TO DISCLOSE THE PRESENCE OF PYRRHOTITE IN RESIDENTIAL CONDITION REPORTS
- Proposed HB 6750 AN ACT EXPANDING THE DEFINITION OF “RESIDENTIAL BUILDING” IN STATUTES PROVIDING ASSISTANCE TO CERTAIN HOMEOWNERS
- SB 995 (Raised) AN ACT REDEFINING “RESIDENTIAL BUILDING” FOR CERTAIN PURPOSES AND REQUIRING A STUDY OF STANDARDS AND METHODS FOR PHYRRHOTITE TESTING
This is your chance to let the legislature know your thoughts regarding crumbling foundations.
Sign-up for the hearing will be from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. in the First Floor Atrium of the Legislative Office Building (LOB). Please email written testimony in Word or PDF format to INStestimony@cga.ct.gov. The Committee requests that testimony be limited to matters related to the items on the Agenda. The first hour of the hearing is reserved for Legislators, Constitutional Officers, State Agency Heads and Chief Elected Municipal Officials. Speakers will be limited to three minutes of testimony.
The Committee encourages witnesses to submit a written statement and to condense oral testimony to a summary of that statement. Unofficial sign-up sheets have no standing with the Committee. All public hearing testimony, written and spoken, is public information. As such, it will be made available on the CGA website and indexed by internet search engines.
Click here for driving directions to the Connecticut State Capitol and Legislative Office Building.
Your comments can be as brief as you like, there is no limit on the length of written testimony. Just include your name and town, the bill in the subject line of the email, and copy my office at Tim.Ackert@housegop.ct.gov.
Tim Ackert – 8th District