I would like to let the students in my district know that the Connecticut General Assembly is now accepting applications for the 2018 Legislative Internship Program! Starting in the Spring, interns at the Capitol will see how state government works first-hand, work one-on-one with a state legislator and legislative staff member, and earn school credit while gaining job experience in public service and/or law.
To apply, you must comply with the following qualifications:
- Be an undergraduate student attending a two or four-year institution of higher education in Connecticut, and/or state resident attending out-of-state colleges. (CT residents attending out of state colleges should contact the program director prior to applying)
- Be 18 years of age or older by program start
- Have completed 20 credits by program start (January)
- Have a minimum 2.7 cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- Be prepared to register for a course (varies by institution) in order to receive credit for the internship during the participating semester
If you have any questions about the program, Program Director Lisa Roy encourages you to call her at 860-240-0520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the program’s website or Facebook and LinkedIn pages for more information, including instructions on how to apply.
Please pass this information along to students who may be interested and eligible.
I have personally worked with legislative interns the past two sessions and have served on the Legislature’s Internship Committee. I have seen first-hand the positive impact that the program has on these bright and motivated students. Many interns, in fact, later become staff members or legislators. This is a wonderful opportunity – I hope to see you at the Capitol in 2018!