Posted on March 1, 2018 by admin
Your input is important to me as your State Representative. I want to inform you of the upcoming Finance, Revenue and Bonding Committee public hearing on proposals related to Governor Malloy’s proposed tax increases, state bonding priorities and also some proposals to provide taxpayer relief.
I’ve talked to many of you over the last year and the message I have heard over and over again is that the people in the 77th General Assembly District are over-taxed and need some relief. Some of these proposals provide the tax relief you have been asking for.
Here are some bills scheduled for the Finance, Revenue and Bonding committee public hearing on March 2nd that may be of interest to you and our community:
- SB-10, An Act Concerning Revenue Items To Implement The Governor’s Budget.
- SB-11, An Act Concerning Connecticut’s Response To Federal Tax Reform.
- SB-12, An Act Authorizing And Adjusting Bonds Of The State For Capital Improvements And Other Purposes.
- HB-5088, An Act Concerning The Cancellation Of Unissued Bond Fund Authorizations For Silver Sands State Park.
- HB-5095, An Act Increasing The Cigarette Tax.
- HB-5096, An Act Exempting Social Security Benefits From The Personal Income Tax For Certain Individuals.
- HB-5009, An Act Exempting Car Wash Services From The Sales Tax.
- HB-5019, An Act Exempting Health Club And Athletic Club Membership Dues And Initiation Fees From Tax.
- HB-5028, An Act Eliminating State Taxes That Cost More To Administer Than Is Gained In Revenue.
- HB-5133, An Act Concerning A Tax Credit For Businesses That Provide Student Loan Repayment Assistance To Employees.
- HB-5134, An Act Concerning A Tax Credit For Businesses That Provide Paid Family And Medical Leave.
To view the full agenda with links to each proposed bill, click here.
Should you wish to write a letter in support of or opposition to a proposed bill, please email testimony to email@example.com.
Your comments can be as brief as you like, but there is no limit on the length of written testimony. Please also copy me on the email at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can be aware of your opinions.
For information and committee rules on testifying in person at the public hearing, click here.
To stay up-to-date on what’s happening at the Capitol, I encourage you to click here and click on the “Bulletin”.
A guide for testifying at hearings can be found here and driving directions to the Connecticut State Capitol and Legislative Office Building are available here.