SALEM – State Representative Holly Cheeseman (R-37) and State Senator Paul Formica (R-20) met with constituents at the Salem Town Hall on Thursday night to discuss important legislative issues in the community.
Topics discussed during the Office Hours included:
- State budget status
- The 2018 Legislative Session
- General Fund projections for this year
- Transportation Lock Box
- Medicare Savings Program veto override
- Property taxes and their hefty burden on municipalities
- Electricity rate increases and a possible new utility rate model
Rep. Cheeseman encourages constituents who were unable to attend but would still like to ask questions or share concerns to contact her at 1-800-842-1423 or Holly.Cheeseman@housegop.ct.gov.